Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More progress...

I got a really good chunk of my work done for this project on sunday. I got my nightstand totally disassembled, got my pieces of particle board cut out, and spent a good 2 or 3 hours sanding absolutely everything by hand. After all that I was able to paint a couple of layers of black lacquer over every piece of wood, its been curing for 48 hours as of today and is ready for the backsides to be painted and anything else touched up, then either tonight or tomorrow I will re-assemble everything and be done with the nightstand. Here are some photos:

Here's all the individual pieces of the nightstand and the particleboard with my measurements on it




Here are the extra pieces I need from the particleboard




And here are all of the pieces drying with the laqeur layered on

No comments: