Friday, October 30, 2009

so close to finishing

I've made quite a bit of progress since the last post. So far I've added several layers of paint on everything (4 cans of spray paint to be exact, I should have used primer), after a couple of days of painting, drying, and more painting everything was finally ready to start re-assembling:


To start I screwed in the rollers for the original shelves.


Next the shelves went in.


So far so good. Everything fits just like it did before




Here it is with the drawer faces on and the new handles in place.



Got the new rollers installed on the drawer platform and the side panels.




Drilled a big hole in the back panel piece for wires to go through.


I then glued all three of the new top panels together just so it would be easier to get the whole thing situated and nailed into the top. I'm going to let the glue set overnight just to be safe, and because I have the time to wait.

No comments: